At the 2019 Pebble Beach Concours, Karma showed off the Revero GT. It was first introduced at the Auto Shanghai in April 2019, and Karma brought it to North America to announce pricing and availability.
Karma released a Revero back in 2017, which was basically a re-do of the Fisker Karma from back in 2012. The Revero GT, however, is a significant upgrade to the 2017 Karma Revero.
The Revero GT uses the same turbo-charged 3 cylinder gas engine used by the BMW i8 to give it a total of 360 miles of range. On the 28 kWh battery pack alone, the Revero GT electric range is 80 miles.
Power comes from 2 electric motors, both of them on the rear axle, providing 536 horsepower and 427 lb-ft of torque. Even though the Revero GT weighs about 5000 lbs, it can accelerate from 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds.
Inside and outside are similar to the 2017 Revero, but revised, and appear to have a high quality of fit and finish. Dies for the body panels have been recreated to allow for tighter seems and slight recontouring without losing the iconic look of the original Karma. More importantly, the crash structures were also modernized.
The 2020 Revero GT will be available in the fourth quarter of 2019 with prices starting at $135,000.
The electric vehicle is build in Moreno Valley, California.
Karma Revero GT Specifications
- 28 kWh battery
- up to 360 miles (579 km) of total range, including up to 80 miles (129 km) electric and up to 280 miles (451 km) with generator
- 0-60 mph (96.5 km/h) in 4.5 seconds
- 1.5L BMW TwinPower Turbo three-cylinder in-line engine supplied by BMW
- dual-motor rear-wheel drive (with torque vectoring for rear wheels)
- system output of 400 kW (535 hp) – each motor is 200 kW and 370 Nm
- top speed of 125 miles (201 km/h)
- weight of 5,050 lbs / 2,291 kg