Volkswagen has announced a less expensive e-Golf model – the Limited Edition model. Pricing starts at $33,450, which is $1995 less than the fully loaded e-Golf SEL.
Lease prices are also less, going for $299 for the SEL Premium, and only $229 per month for the Limited Edition.
The Limited Edition e-Golf comes with the same 24.2 kWh lithium-ion battery pack, and the same 115hp electric motor, and the same 83 mile EPA rated electric range and 116 MPGe combined efficiency rating.
Items that differ on the Limited Edition model include no heat pump (resistive heat instead), 16 inch steel wheels in place of the aluminum-alloy wheels on the SEL, halogen headlights instead of LED headlights, and cloth instead of leatherette on the ‘seating surfaces’.
Here is the full press release from Volkswagen
VOLKSWAGEN ANNOUNCES A NEW TRIM LINE FOR THE FULLY-ELECTRIC 2015 e-GOLF
Mar 5, 2015
- e-Golf Limited Edition model goes on sale with a starting price of $33,450
- Drivetrain consists of 24.2 kWh lithium-ion battery and an electric motor with 199 pound-feet of torque; 7.2 kW onboard charger is standard
- Standard fast charging capability allows up to 80 percent battery charge in 30 minutes
- EPA estimated fuel economy rating of 116 combined MPGe puts e-Golf at top of the 2015 EPA Compact Size Class
- A great value, with a host of features that include KESSY® Keyless access with push-button start, navigation system, LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL) with C-shaped light signature, and more
Herndon, VA – Volkswagen of America, Inc., today, announced that a lower-priced version of the fully-electric 2015 Volkswagen e-Golf will go on sale at participating dealerships. The 2015 e-Golf Limited Edition is priced nearly $2,000 less than its SEL counterpart at $33,450, without compromising performance, quality, or versatility. The e-Golf Limited Edition is also available at a monthly lease price of $229, plus applicable fees.
The e-Golf Limited Edition is built on the same sporty Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB) platform as the rest of the award winning Golf family. It is powered by a compact electric motor and a 24.2 kWh lithium-ion battery (built in-house at the Volkswagen facility in Braunschweig, Germany), and offers 115 horsepower and class-leading torque of 199 pound feet.
Changes compared with the SEL Premium models include 16-inch steel wheels in place of aluminum-alloys, halogen instead of LED headlights, cloth in place of leatherette seating surfaces, and deletion of the heat-pump system. Equipment and features that remain unchanged from the SEL Premium model include:
- DC Fast Charging with the Combined Charging System (CCS) that allows up to 80 percent battery charge in 30 minutes
- Standard 7.2kW onboard charger
- Versatile cargo area, with 22.8 cubic feet of space behind the rear seats; 52.7 cubic feet with seats folded
- Three driving profiles designed to preserve energy (“Normal”, “Eco”, and “Eco+”) and three driver-selectable regeneration modes
- KESSY® keyless access with push-button start
- Navigation system
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Climatronic® automatic dual-zone climate control system
- Electronic parking brake
- Electrically heated windshield
- Automatic headlights and wipers
- Rearview camera
- Front and rear Park Distance Control