Volkswagen debuted its CrossBlue plug-in hybrid concept at the LA Auto Show. Although Volkswagen is still calling it a concept, it looks production ready and speculation is that VW will give it the green light in the near future.
Volkswagen says the CrossBlue PHEV is targeted directly at US buyers who love SUV-ish crossovers.
Here are some CrossBlue concept specifications:
- 415 horsepower gasoline hybrid vehicle capable of 70 MPGe
- Up to 13 miles as an electric vehicle at speeds up to 75 MPH
- Top speed of 147 MPH
- 0-60mph time of 5.8 seconds
- turbocharged direct injection V6 engine
- two electric motors
- theoretical range of 570 miles in hybrid mode
The CrossBlue plug-in hybrid is based off of Volkswagen’s new Modular Transverse Matrix platform that is highly adaptable and can support several engine options, including battery electric vehicle and pure electric vehicle setups.