klaus

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is 4th electric vehicle to sell 100,000 units

Fri May 06, 2016 10:48 pm

Congratulations Mitsubishi!
Now just get it to North America already :)

It's set to go on sale later this year in the U.S. (no word on Canada yet), but it's been selling so well in Europe and Japan for the past couple years that in March 2016, Mitsubishi had actually sold 101,900 total Outlander Plug-in Hybrid crossovers globaly!

According to HybridCars, that's the 4th vehicle - following the Nissan Leaf, the Tesla Model S, and the Chevrolet Volt.

Part of the Outlander's success may be due to the fact that it's been the only plug-in hybrid utility vehicle available for the most part.

Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, and Volvo now sell or plan to sell plug-in hybrid SUVs of their own, but all are significantly more expensive than the Mitsubishi.

nemo

Re: Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is 4th electric vehicle to sell 100,000 units

Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:52 pm

Mitsubishi is a really popular brand in Asia. They can be a competition to the giants of car industry if they extend to North America.

sam

Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:44 pm

This is a great site because you get information that you normally wouldn't search out I've never really looked into Mitsubishi but I think I will now

Tcdn

Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:24 pm

There is nothing that stands out (good or bad) for me in regards to the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

voltage

Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:56 pm

Earlier this year, we learned that the US introduction of the plug-in hybrid version of Mitsubishi’s popular Outlander has been pushed again. It is not expected until “summer 2017”. Therefore, we are keeping an eye on any new features or capacity unveiled by Mitsubishi, which could end up in the upcoming release.

[quoteMitsubishi describes the drivetrain in a press release:

“This PHEV system comprises a next-generation high-capacity drive battery package, three high-output and high-efficiency motors and an engine designed especially for the PHEV system featuring improved electricity generation performance and motive performance. This combination delivers the punchy performance ideal for a “ground tourer” and makes for comfortable driving on longer trips as well with an electric-only range of 120 km and a combined hybrid cruising range of over 1,200 km. The triple-motor powertrain, with one unit at the front and two at the rear, delivers a dramatic improvement in the performance of its full-time four-wheel drive powertrain and MMC’s own Super All Wheel Control (S-AWC) integrated vehicle dynamics control system, bringing new levels of handling stability.”][/quote]

Return to “Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV”