Fiskar Emotion is now in the autonomous game

Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:14 pm

Fisker hasn't given much out in the way of specifications, but it's promising 400 miles of all-electric range from its forthcoming EV. Top speed is set at 161 miles per hour. Other than that, Fisker just mentioned that the powertrain is "newly developed," and it expands interior volume by pushing the whole cabin forward. Fisker also claims more rear legroom than "many" full-size luxury sedans. All seats will have access to infotainment features, too, apparently.

Despite earlier claims that Fisker wasn't involved with autonomy, it appears that's not the case. The car will, in fact, permit fully autonomous driving, but it won't be available until it's approved and released by "a soon-to-be-announced partnered supplier."

There's no word yet on pricing, but Fisker did say that initial deliveries will begin after the vehicle is shown to the public in mid-2017. It will be built right here in the good ol' US of A, too.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/the- ... 7-arrival/

Re: Fiskar Emotion is now in the autonomous game

Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:36 pm

When I first started looking at electric vehicles it was range anxiety and battery disposal that freaked me out. Being on some very good forums n researching it myself has allowed me to get over it. My next hurdle is self driving vehicles. The concept still freaks me out?

Return to “Self-Driving and Autonomous Vehicle Tech”