laev

Harley-Davidson will bring to market its first all-electric bike ‘within 5 years’

Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:32 pm

Harley-Davidson unveiled its Livewire project two years ago almost to the day. While the all-electric concept with only ~60 miles of range was lacking compared to other models already available today, it showed that one of the most iconic motorcycle company, which is also obviously entrenched in internal combustion engines, is at least looking at other powertrain technologies.

At the time, Harley-Davidson made it clear that Livewire was only a concept (and good-looking one – see pictures below), but now the company confirms that it plans to bring its first electric bike to market “within the next five years”

https://electrek.co/2016/06/14/harley-d ... n-5-years/

Tessy

Re: Harley-Davidson will bring to market its first all-electric bike ‘within 5 years’

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:29 pm

I wonder how the old generation Harley drivers feel about this? One of the beautiful things about the Harley is the noise it makes ,with it turning into an electric motorcycle that noise would be reduced

nogas

Re: Harley-Davidson will bring to market its first all-electric bike ‘within 5 years’

Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:13 am

Cool looking bike but will we need missing out on the iconic sound that they are know for ?

citygirl

Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:23 am

nogas wrote:Cool looking bike but will we need missing out on the iconic sound that they are know for ?

Nice looking but as for the sound of the bike it's definitely not quiet but it's not the sound that we know of when we think of Harley-Davidson bikes. Hope the video works it's my first time posting a video please let me know if it doesn't work for u thanks :)
https://youtu.be/skzQcCiwpFc

newbie1

Sun May 14, 2017 12:55 pm

I agree. The sound of a Harley is iconic. I don't think the ride would be the same without it.

Return to “Electric Motorcycles (2 wheeled EVs)”