ginforce

Tesla Issues documented on video

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:46 pm

oh oh more poor customer service

https://youtu.be/dKQPHC4JyAU

fireme

Re: Tesla Issues documented on video

Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:45 pm

Wow: "New Tesla Roadster First Look: Zero to 60 in 1.9 Seconds, 250-MPH Top Speed, 620-Mile Range."
I am no fan boy of Musk and I probably will not buy a Tesla unless my wife wins the lotto. (I don't play)
She loves the Tesla. It is ok to love something unpractical.
With all the faults the Musk detractors like to rag on, I find what he is doing to be admirable.
Do you have any idea what 0-60 in 2 second is?
(Btw, SpaceX sticking satellite rockets back on a barge is epic. )
This is top fuel dragster world, but wrapped in a car with luxury and comfort one can attend a Hollywood reception or just buy groceries at Costco. Granted, the 200K$ is insane, but not out of reach for the 1%. This is Tesla's King of the Hill car. Now catch me Porsche, BMW, or anyone. There are a lot of wealthy people in the world. Even a couple of my friends can afford one.
The genius of Musk, he almost single-handedly stoked EV mania by focusing on performance and innovation, not low price. When the rich exclusive elite circles ditch the million$ICE for a Tesla, the subconscious sex appeal is like addiction to the 99%.

ginforce

Re: Tesla Issues documented on video

Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:20 am

fireme wrote:Wow: "New Tesla Roadster First Look: Zero to 60 in 1.9 Seconds, 250-MPH Top Speed, 620-Mile Range."
I am no fan boy of Musk and I probably will not buy a Tesla unless my wife wins the lotto. (I don't play)
She loves the Tesla. It is ok to love something unpractical.
With all the faults the Musk detractors like to rag on, I find what he is doing to be admirable.
Do you have any idea what 0-60 in 2 second is?
(Btw, SpaceX sticking satellite rockets back on a barge is epic. )
This is top fuel dragster world, but wrapped in a car with luxury and comfort one can attend a Hollywood reception or just buy groceries at Costco. Granted, the 200K$ is insane, but not out of reach for the 1%. This is Tesla's King of the Hill car. Now catch me Porsche, BMW, or anyone. There are a lot of wealthy people in the world. Even a couple of my friends can afford one.
The genius of Musk, he almost single-handedly stoked EV mania by focusing on performance and innovation, not low price. When the rich exclusive elite circles ditch the million$ICE for a Tesla, the subconscious sex appeal is like addiction to the 99%.

I think we all admire Musk and his ability to vocalize the progression of technology in order to make it become reality. The problem people have is he is a blow hard. He promises what he can not achieve, not because it is not achievable but because Musk himself does not have his business or his time lines set up in an appropriate fashion to see these great strides into reality in a timely fashion. He is the man in regards to him coming out and professing it can be done, he just needs to follow through a bit on when it can be done. He promises things when infrastructure is not even in place and no plans for it to be in place have been written up yet ;)

Return to “General EV Discussion”