Tessy

Re: Energy Crisis

Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:18 am

new2evs wrote:
tommypress wrote:In the long run, EVs will have more advantages compared to their drawbacks.

I too have to agree as long as the perimeters of environmental stewardship are not forgotten. As it would seem right now manufacturers are paying attention

To watch this evolve is quite positive.

new2evs

Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:07 am

Tcdn wrote:A paper written by the University of Pittsburg about the energy crisis has taken two perspectives on EVs. On one hand the EV explosion will help eleviate the energy crisis issues around oil and the environmental impact it has on the earth to extract it, but on the other hand wind and solar power are not wide spread and not readily used in many parts of the world including the USA who uses a lot of coal energy - very bad for the environment

A recent report which I don't have the link handy to but will search it out and post it says that we have increased substantially our use of renewable energy and decreased substantially our use of Coal Energy. So things are looking a lot better

samijafri

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:57 am

I agree with you but the trends are changing and people are more concerned towards save their environment and thinking of using renewable source of energy. In the last few years, Government took many initiatives towards the betterment of an environment. Along with that many countries are moving towards renewable source of energy and generate their almost whole electricity from these sources like Denmark, UK, Germany and etc.

nogas

Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:38 am

samijafri wrote:I agree with you but the trends are changing and people are more concerned towards save their environment and thinking of using renewable source of energy. In the last few years, Government took many initiatives towards the betterment of an environment. Along with that many countries are moving towards renewable source of energy and generate their almost whole electricity from these sources like Denmark, UK, Germany and etc.

I want to say I agree too but when we look at some governments (let's use the new Trump government for example) it just doesn't seem like policy is moving forward in regards to environmental stewardship and in some cases it seems it is moving backwards.

tommypress

Re: Energy Crisis - Household Consumtpion

Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:09 am

I just want to put up a point here. Energy consumption at home is also one of the reasons for energy crisis.

I don't understand why people try to avoid that fact. Just take a look at this infographic here: https://www.clerawindows.com/blog/how-y ... rgy-costs/

Even a shower head can help you save energy. A collective contribution will definitely help and fight the energy crisis. As long as everyone is going to blame each other and find their mistakes, nothing's going to change.

Tessy

Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:25 am

tommypress wrote:In the long run, EVs will have more advantages compared to their drawbacks.

I'm not sure that is so true. I would like to hear why you think that

Return to “Environmental Issues”