splitmitten

VW reboots microbus as self-driving electric vehicle

Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:40 pm

Volkswagen has rebooted its old microbus yet again, this time as a long-range electric vehicle.

The concept vehicle was being shown Sunday ahead of the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. It's yet to be seen if it will be produced.

The Volkswagen I.D. Buzz concept -- yes, that's the name -- has a range up to 270 miles per charge, which would put in it the heart of Tesla capability and about 30 miles better than General Motor's new Chevrolet Bolt, which just went on sale.

VW also says its concept would be the first "multi-purpose vehicle," er, minivan, to be fully capable of driving itself.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/car ... /96323768/

laev

Re: VW reboots microbus as self-driving electric vehicle

Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:48 am

A lot of people are going to love this!

citygirl

Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:55 am

laev wrote:A lot of people are going to love this!

Yup! Think about it the VW Van is a huge collectors item. It has a massive following and a lot of that following came from the earth loving hippy days. If VW brings back the van as an electric or even phev there will be a lot of older drivers chomping at the bit to get their hands on one. I think this would be a great seller for VW

newbie1

Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:37 am

If this actually happens I think it will be huge. There are people in the US and Canada (not to mention everywhere else in the world) that have made it their adult life mission to collect every single piece of these vans that are left on the planet and they pay huge bucks to do it. I think in any capacity that VW reinvents that microbus it will be a seller or maybe just a collectors item for some

Return to “Volkswagen Electric Vehicles”