Tcdn

5 Features Of Tesla Model 3 To Look Forward To

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:29 am

5 Features Of Tesla Model 3 To Look Forward To
International Business Times
Rishabh Jain · Jul 25, 2017

Tesla will finally reveal the production version of the Model 3 on Friday. The first mass-market sedan by Tesla has been highly awaited and anticipated with the company opening its $1,000 bookings for the $35,000 car. CEO Elon Musk claimed that over 400,000 reservations have been received for the Model, as reported by Electrek.
The first 30 buyers who had booked the car early will receive it soon at a handover party, while the others will have to wait. The company is expected to start bumping up production in the coming months. Its goal is to produce 1,500 Model 3 sedans in September, a number that will be bumped up to 20,000 by December.
Read:First Tesla Model 3 Sedan Coming This Week, But If You Book Now, Delivery Only In Mid-2018
Here are some possible features one might look forward to, once the car hits the roads:
No Key: Tesla Model 3 owners mightnot have a car key at their disposal — they might get a card instead. The Drive reported on Monday that the car might break with tradition and not provide owners with a car key if we are to go by a video showing Tesla’s vice-president of engineering entering a Model 3 and putting a card-sized booklet into its center-console.
Chances are that Tesla might have exchanged the traditional car key for a Radio-frequency identification RFID card, which would easily unlock and lock the car. Another possibility is that Tesla might allow users to unlock their Model 3 sedans using the Tesla app.
Improved Battery: The Model 3 might have a better battery than the Model X and the Model S. Currently the Model S and the Model X use a battery comprised of 18,650 cylindrical cells the size of an AA battery. The company has also begun manufacturing a battery with 2,170 battery cells, which uses larger cells than the ones used in the Model X and the Model S.
But, according to Gas2, the Model 3 battery might have rectangular cells instead of round ones, which will have higher energy density than the 18,659 or the 2,170 cell batteries and might provide the Model 3 with a higher range on a single charge.
No Instrument Panel: It is already known that the Model 3 will not feature an instrument panel like regular cars. Instrument panels are traditionally placed in front of the user’s eyes they are generally a distraction, especially while driving at night. Many car makers have shifted it to the center of the dashboard, but Tesla is fully abolishing the concept in Model 3. Instead of an instrumental panel, it will have a tablet-like display on the dashboard, showing users all the metrics they need.
Read:Tesla Model 3: Elon Musk Tweets First Pictures Of New Vehicle
New Gear Selector: The Model 3 has a new gear selector, which will be placed alongside the steering. The gear selector will have the usual reverse, neutral, drive and park modes, but will also feature an autopilot mode. While the Model 3’s autonomy is currently at Level 2, chances are that future hardware and software upgrades might bring it to Level 5 — full autonomy.
A Driver’s Training Incentive: If you own a Model 3, teaching your kid how to drive might be cheaper. DrivingTests, an e-learning company that helps people prepare for driving tests across the country is offering discounts of up to $500 on in-car driver’s training to Model 3 owners.

No Key would be great because I always loose my keys!!!!! But it might be like a fob instead which is exactly the same as having to carry around the key :( ;)

citygirl

Re: 5 Features Of Tesla Model 3 To Look Forward To

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:02 pm

https://newsstand.google.com/articles/C ... EBMLEXMOc_

The Tesla Model 3 is unique in a lot of ways, but one of the more interesting is its use of your smartphone as the only key – there's not fob, even, let alone an ignition for a traditional key. The vehicle uses the Tesla app on your smartphone to communicate your identity, unlock the vehicle, and know when it's ready to start and turn off.
The Model 3 uses Bluetooth LE to talk to your device so that it knows you're there, and in case you're ever in need of a valet or spare set, the car also ships with a pair of NFC-enabled plastic cards roughly the size and shape of red cards that can unlock and start the vehicle with a tap.
This feature might strike some as unusual or maybe even a little unnerving, but it really strikes me as more of a convenience. The only thing I'm likely not to forget in any situation is my smartphone, which is basically an extension of my very being at this point in my life. It's much easier to misplace car keys, in fact, since they're relatively occasional use devices.
There's a lot of technically interesting things going on with the Model 3 that really haven't been done that much before, including a general minimizing of physical buttons that's been pushed to new extremes among Tesla designs, and the abolishment of the instrument panel. But KO-ing keys is pretty significant, even in light of everything else.

Here you have it lol So for all of us where losing our phones, keys and glasses are part of everyday life look out - now when we misplace our phone we are actually misplacing our car :lol:

westernkicks

Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:41 pm

citygirl wrote:https://newsstand.google.com/articles/CAIiELFjT_wWySiD0PZX8smhEsEqFAgEKg0IACoGCAowlIEBMLEXMOc_

The Tesla Model 3 is unique in a lot of ways, but one of the more interesting is its use of your smartphone as the only key – there's not fob, even, let alone an ignition for a traditional key. The vehicle uses the Tesla app on your smartphone to communicate your identity, unlock the vehicle, and know when it's ready to start and turn off.
The Model 3 uses Bluetooth LE to talk to your device so that it knows you're there, and in case you're ever in need of a valet or spare set, the car also ships with a pair of NFC-enabled plastic cards roughly the size and shape of red cards that can unlock and start the vehicle with a tap.
This feature might strike some as unusual or maybe even a little unnerving, but it really strikes me as more of a convenience. The only thing I'm likely not to forget in any situation is my smartphone, which is basically an extension of my very being at this point in my life. It's much easier to misplace car keys, in fact, since they're relatively occasional use devices.
There's a lot of technically interesting things going on with the Model 3 that really haven't been done that much before, including a general minimizing of physical buttons that's been pushed to new extremes among Tesla designs, and the abolishment of the instrument panel. But KO-ing keys is pretty significant, even in light of everything else.

Here you have it lol So for all of us where losing our phones, keys and glasses are part of everyday life look out - now when we misplace our phone we are actually misplacing our car :lol:

hahahahahahaha - oh wow this is not a good thing for my daughter - she would loose her head if it wasn't attached to her neck. For me on the the other hand, beauty, I don't lose track of a thing. One less gadget to carry around with me. excellent!

Tessy

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:49 pm

How about a follow up with 5 surprises lol lol

In getting the first 30 cars on the road, the California automaker hopes to start a transportation revolution, converting families to electric cars that they may never have considered in the past.

“The whole point of Tesla was to build a great affordable electric car,” CEO Elon Musk said Friday night at an event outside the company's factory in Fremont, Calif. “That’s what this day means. I’m confident it’ll be the best car in its class, gasoline or not, hands down.”

Related:

Elon Musk rolls out Tesla's Model 3 at splashy event

We get our first drive in Tesla's electric Model 3

Tesla Model 3: Should you buy Elon Musk's first mass-market electric car?

But consider some of the details. Here are five surprises we learned about the Model 3:

•Color costs extra. If you want the Model 3 in anything but black, you'll have to pay $1,000 extra.

Although many automakers offer special paint at a pre•mium, most offer a choice of standard colors at no extra charge. Not so with this car.

The optional color upgrades are Midnight Silver Metallic, Deep Blue Metallic, Silver Metallic, Pearl White Multi-Coat and Red Multi-Coat.

•The longer-range version costs more, but it's less per mile. Tesla is offering a 310-mile-range version of the Model 3 for a $9,000 upgrade.

That's atop a starting price of $35,000 before tax incentives. The compact car is aimed at being within financial rch for many American families, although the price escalates quickly after adding options.

While $9,000 extra-range premium sounds like a lot, the price is less per mile of range. At 310 miles and a base price of $44,000, the higher-range version costs $142 per mile. With a range of 220 miles and a price of $35,000, the standard version costs $159 per mile.

•Buyers might not get it until 2019. While Tesla continues to maintain on its website that new orders could be delivered as soon as "mid 2018," the company now acknowledges that it could take as many as 18 months. That could bleed into 2019.

•Foreign markets have to wait. People living outside of the U.S. won't get left-hand-drive versions of the Model 3 until at least the second half of 2018, even if they ordered early. Production of the right-hand-drive Model 3 won't even start until 2019.

•A performance version is coming in summer 2018. Musk said early Sunday on Twitter that a high-speed version of the Model is "probably" coming by the "middle of next year."

But the company must first focus on ramping up production of the current versions, which means "getting out of Model 3 production hell," he said. The early days of manufacturing a new vehicle are challenge for any automaker, requiring a slow increase in production speed while workers get used to the new process.

"More versions equal deeper in hell," he said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/ca ... 523729001/

Seriously to get the colour red you have to pay an extra $1000.00 - crazy crazy

Return to “Tesla Model 3”