nemo

Toyota confirms new EV venture company for electric car push

Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:02 pm

Toyota has confirmed plans to launch an “in-house venture company” that will be responsible for developing electric vehicles. The start-up will begin work next month, and consists of just four people, each from a different branch of the Toyota group.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/aygo/97358/toyota-confirms-new-ev-venture-company-for-electric-car-push

splitmitten

Re: Toyota confirms new EV venture company for electric car push

Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:29 am

I read something about this last week. They were hung up on the lithium batteries but now have a grasp of what they need to achieve

Daniel01

Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:35 pm

That's a good news. Eager to see what they come up with.

carFlyer213

Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:31 pm

Toyota EV sounds interesting. Their cars are quite cheap. It would be great if they can produce EVs in cheap ranges too.

JimmYK

Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:41 am

carFlyer213 wrote:Toyota EV sounds interesting. Their cars are quite cheap. It would be great if they can produce EVs in cheap ranges too.

Yes, mass production of EVs by different cheaper car brands can definitely increase their sells.

ginforce

Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:49 am

JimmYK wrote:
carFlyer213 wrote:Toyota EV sounds interesting. Their cars are quite cheap. It would be great if they can produce EVs in cheap ranges too.

Yes, mass production of EVs by different cheaper car brands can definitely increase their sells.

Toyota is not that cheap imo

splitmitten

Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:58 am

They've had a great turn around with the Prius I wonder why they haven't introduced a lot more models

jimmyjon

Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:56 am

splitmitten wrote:They've had a great turn around with the Prius I wonder why they haven't introduced a lot more models

I have thought the same thing

citygirl

Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:09 am

I don't think Toyota's are cheaply priced vehicles, however, they do have a good name for themselves as far a quality and longevity of their vehicles is concerned. I'm not sure the car companies are that interested in the environment and becoming green. It is government standards that are being mandated that is making this type of thing a reality. I am glad for it and believe that as a society we are better off the greener we are. The Toyota brand has always been reliable and they make cars and trucks that look good so this is good news for the consumer.

Return to “Website / Forum Discussions”